One basic principle of medicine is if you don’t use a muscle, it will become weaker. Your eyes are muscles and you need to train them to keep them in good working order. Below are a selection of nine proven ways to get this done.
1. To avoid overstraining your eyes during the day, simply close them for a few minutes once every 2-3 hours.
2. Do these 16 basic exercises once every day in the order indicated, to give your eyes a workout.
3. If you wear glasses, take them off more often. Try to reduce the time that you wear them.
4. Massage your eyes with the help of gentle circular motions, moving through points 1 to 6 as shown in the image below. Using your middle and index fingers to press on your eyes with very light pressure.
5. While walking in the open air, try looking into the distance rather than focusing on your own legs or immediately in front of you.
6. If you can, drink carrot juice every day. Try adding one or two drops of olive oil to it. It will help you absorb the healthy elements in the carrot juice more effectively.
7. Wash your eyes with warm water when your eyes feel tired.
8. Don’t stare at the screen of a computer, TV, or smartphone for at least two hours before going to bed.
9. To help your eyes and your mind stay focused, try the Indian Trataka exercises.
To begin, sit facing a small stationary object placed in an open space, a candle, for example. Focus your all of your attention and eyes on it, without blinking. Your aim is to have a firm, detailed image of the object in your mind and memory. Close your eyes, and focus your attention on the space between your eyebrows, trying to keep the image of the object in your head for as long as you can. Do this for 10 minutes.
The whole idea of this exercise is to achieve a clear image of something before your eyes become tired.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”