Below are a number of ways to transform tin cans into wonderful pieces of decor. If you’re wondering why someone would fill a can with rice and water, skip down to No. 4 to find out.
1. Create an ever-lasting garden with gorgeous tin can flowers.
2. Wrap yarn around tin cans to make these crafty storage containers.
3. Fancy the outdoors? Try making tin can lanterns to add some ambience to your backyard. These will be perfect come summertime.
4. Here’s where the rice and water come into play. After filling the cans with those ingredients, stick them in the freezer. That way, when you punch your design, the can won’t dent or bend. Once you are satisfied with the design, you can thaw out the can and empty out the contents. Spray paint the interior gold and add a candle to perfect these tin-punched votive candles.
5. Save the lids of several cans to make these beautiful wind chimes.
6. You may need snips for this one (and an eye for design), but these tin can lanterns will spice up any room of the house.
7. Cover a tin can with rose petals to create a colorful floral lantern.
8. Add some of these precious floral bird feeders to your backyard so your winged friends keep coming back.
9. Hang a beautiful herb garden.
10. With just a bit of burlap, you can put together this votive candle holder.
11. This idea may not be for the casual crafter, but it’s still worth marveling at. These tin can roses would make an excellent gift.
12. Again, this project may require more tools than just glue and fabric, but it’s not impossible to do at home. Bookmark the aluminum can leaf wreath so you have it handy when Thanksgiving comes around.
13. Recycle cans and corks for this beautiful desk organizer.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”