There are some pretty weird hobbies out there and I think it’s safe to assume that most of us give up on them after a while. But makeup artist and model Laura Jenkinson has used her not-so-hidden talent to increase her career. The London native has created a blog, Instagram and Facebook account dedicated to her makeup looks.
Jenkinson’s work isn’t just any kind of makeup — she recreates our favorite cartoon characters… on her face!
Now, before you go and think she’s painted a little cartoon on her cheek or something, hold on, because it is way cooler than that. Jenkinson uses her mouth as a starting point and makes each character use her mouth as their mouth, as well. Each cartoon she makes is at a different angle, and a different expression on the artist’s face is needed to capture the full effect.
Honestly, I feel so lazy looking at all these looks. It makes me question whether she’s found a hole in time and space to find enough time to create them, blog about them and still have a successful modeling career. I’ll stick to watching cartoons in my pajamas instead.
1. KA-POW! Batman hits her right in the kisser! I wouldn’t mind.
2. We need to do the “wedgie dance” for this recreation of Donnie Thornberry.
3. I can’t remember if Steve Buscemi has voiced any other cartoon characters, but even if he did, Wayne the Werewolf from Hotel Transylvania would still be my favorite.
4. Not sure if this is the face of Fry from Futurama or the face of Laura Jenkinson… But I definitely know number 5.
5. Oh Sadness, if only you realized how much everyone loved you from the very start. Seriously though, Jenkinson even frowns for the full effect! That’s certainly something to smile about.
6. I mean, she even looks scared! Don’t be afraid, Fear, you’ve just been placed on someone’s face! OK, maybe that’s something to be a little freaked out by.
7. It wouldn’t be a favorite cartoon list without some Looney Tunes! And despite never having a single line beyond, “Meep, meep!” everyone still loved the Road Runner.
8. This is definitely not your av-er-age bear. She deserves a picky-nic basket for this one. He was my favorite bear growing up, but number 9 is my favorite bird!
9. I mean, who didn’t fall immediately in love with the sassiest bird ever? Thank you, Zazu, for keeping it real.
10. “What do you want to do tonight, Laura? Try to take over the world?” “Nah, I’ll just draw Pinky and the Brain on my face.” She’s either a genius or she’s insane.
11. YAS! Gus Gus is by far the best Disney sidekick, but Jenkinson had better be careful. She may be taken over by his soul and end up eating all the food in her house. It could be worse.
12. The grumpiest cat deserves the grumpiest frown. You know what would be even freakier? If she suddenly smiled. I shudder to think of it. This one is really weird, but number 13 is hilarious!
13. I wonder if she spoke with a lisp while she had Sid from Ice Age on her face?
14. It’s the, the, the, THE GRINCH! I’d try this out, but I have dinner with me and I can’t cancel that again!
15. Who would miss summer when you have Olaf staring you in the face? Or if not staring you in the face, just… wearing your face.
16. Haven’t had enough? Then grab a donut and visit Laura Jenkinson’s Instagram to see all of her latest works of art.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”