In recent years Channing Tatum has become a megastar in Hollywood. He does everything from Tarantino films to Brom Coms with Jonah Hill.
1. You may know him best as a stripper in the Magic Mike series, but if you’re a true Tatur Tot, then you’ll love these lesser-known facts about him.
2. Channing severely burned the end of his penis during the filming of The Eagle when a crew member poured boiling water down his wetsuit in an attempt to keep him warm. The water would normally be diluted.
3. Magic Mike’s $6.5 million budget was self-financed by Channing Tatum and director Steven Soderbergh.
4. Emma Watson was so weirded out by his performance in This is the End that she had to leave the set.
5. He has modelled for Abercrombie & Fitch, Dolce & Gabbana and Aeropostale.
6. He claims that having a child made him ‘fappy’ – fat and happy.
7. His family has lived in the American South for many generations, at least since the 1700’s.
8. The “Chicago” scene in Jupiter Ascending was the longest sequence in the script and, on it’s own, required Mila Kunis and Tatum to film every day for six months.
9. Has said of male stripping: “Men go to strip clubs for a pretty simple reason. It’s a carnal, visual thing. The point of male stripping is to bring women onstage and embarrass them so their friends can cheer them on. Women go to watch their friends’ faces turn red and to have a night of camaraderie with their girlfriends.”
10. The scene in Foxcatcher where he breaks the mirror is real and was unscripted. He got so into the role that it just happened.
11. He worked as a construction worker, a mortgage broker, a salesman at the cologne counter of Dillard’s, and a worker in a puppy/kitty nursery before started a modeling career.
12. He was sent to a military school in ninth grade, where he joined the football team and intended to get a scholarship to play after graduation.
13. He moved from Alabama to Mississippi at age 6, where his family lived on a bayou.