1. The struggle of trying to get your Popple into his ball shape.
2. Putting plastic charms on every possible accessory you could get your hands on — and each charm had its own special meaning.
3. The joy of peeling off your Tinkerbell nail polish.
4. You knew being a rock star with a secret identity was the best job ever!
Also, the life lessons Jem taught you:
1. It’s OK if your man cheats on you, as long as it’s with your secret alter ego.
2. Sometimes it’s way more fun to be the villain (looking at you, Pizzazz).
3. That anything can be solved by pressing down on your earring and saying, “Showtime, Synergy!”
5. Ornamenting your ‘do with a bevy of colorful day-of-the-week and animal-themed barrettes.
6. The importance of nailing the perfect sideways ponytail.
7. The smell of Electric Youth.
8. How Jake Ryan is still your perfect man.
9. The fun of a new Get in Shape, Girl! workout cassette (and, most importantly, the rockin’ accessories it came with).
You basically just wore that sweatband around the house all day afterward.
10. Snagging each new My Lil’ Pony that came out (and filling up your Paradise Estate with them).
11. Getting a new Cabbage Patch Kid, hanging her birth certificate on the wall, and carrying her around with you everywhere.
12. Thinking Rainbow Brite was the coolest girl EVER, and drawing fashion inspiration from her colorful getups.
13. Knowing that Over Our Heads was the best fictional store to ever exist.
14. Using scrunchies as your favorite statement piece, and owning one in every color and print in existence.
Never. Too. Many.
15. Stationery was cool, but stationery with Poochie was clearly the coolest.
16. How She-Ra was the O.G. badass.
And rocked some slammin’ boots while she showed everyone who was boss.
17. The sugary deliciousness of these cereals:
18. The squishy, fun companionship of Pound Puppies.
Compartments: SO FUN.
20. How you NEEDED a Swatch watch to match every outfit.