Some moments in life just stick with you forever. The photos below capture those powerful life changing moments, the ones filled with happiness and love, or grief and despair.
We were overcome with emotion when…
#1. When this girl got the most incredible surprise proposal.
#2. When Lucas Hembree and his service dog Juno shared a hug.
#3. When a survivor of an earthquake found a treasured photo album intact in Sichuan, China.
#4. When Luka, a 12 year-old boy with muscular dystrophy, was able to finally feel free thanks to photographer Matej Peljhan.
#5. When Meghan Vogel carried Arden McMath, a competitor, across the finish line when she collapsed during a race.
#6. When Hawkeye refused to leave the side of his Navy SEAL master.
#7. When a soldier met his baby girl for the first time.
8. When Arnulfo Castorena won his first gold medal in swimming for Mexico in the Paralympics.
9. When this old dog’s loving owner cradled him in water to help ease his friend’s arthritis pain.
10. When a man taught his girlfriend the alphabet again after she lost her memory.
11. When 8 year-old Christian Golczynski accepts the flag for his father, Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski, who died in Iraq.
12. When teachers in India gave lessons to homeless children.
13. When a man did anything to save his wife’s life.
14. When a boy met his best friend.
And then had to say goodbye.
15. When Irish rugby player Brian O’Driscoll shared his Heineken Cup victory with one of his biggest fans.
16. When a woman kissed the hearse the body of her 20 year-old cousin arrived in at a military funeral.
17. When Specialist Dean Oldt, a marksman with the 101st Airborne, reunited with his dad.
18. When a cancer patient drew her wish on a mirror.
19. When Marine Sergeant Frank Praytor fed a 2 week-old kitten after her mother was killed.
20. When Nick Vujicic inspired us all by living a full life without limbs.
21. When a man reflected on his life with his loving wife.
22. When a woman went to lunch with her husband every day, no matter what.
23. When a terminally ill mother watched her daughter’s first dance over Skype.
24. When Taylor and Danielle Morris showed us that true love conquers all.
No matter where you look in the world, people from all walks of life experience the same emotions and struggles. Life is one rollercoaster of a ride – what matters is how we handle it, and how close we keep to our loved ones during the turbulent times.