Look – we’re adults. But that doesn’t mean we lose our love for delectable sweets (anyone still get the urge around what would’ve been “snack time” in school?).
The only difference now is the wish list has changed a bit….
To the cherry-topped ice cream sundae staring back at me from this Dairy Queen menu. I still love you! But, I wouldn’t be disappointed if you turned out to be slightly alcoholic.
Eek. Sorry, not sorry!
For those of you that share the same feelings as I do, here’s a wine ice cream float recipe from Club W that’ll satisfy all your desires.
- One tall glass
- One pint of vanilla ice cream
- One bottle of red wine (a fruity Grenache works best)
- Large sparkling water
- One jar of maraschino cherries
What to do:
- Chill the glass in the freezer for ten to fifteen minutes to keep the ice cream from melting too quickly
- Add two scoops of the vanilla–or enough to fill the glass ⅔
- Slowly pour in equal parts wine and sparkling water, letting it cascade over the ice cream.
- Top with a couple of cherries
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”