Believe it or not, only five percent of the world’s oceans have been explored. That means that there are still countless wonders below the surface just waiting to be discovered.
At the bottom of Mariana Trench, the deepest known point in the ocean, these creatures were discovered…
1. Forget sharks. I would be much more scared to come across an anglerfish.
2. Because anglerfish weren’t scary enough, somebody gave them flashlights.
3. Has there ever been a more appropriate name for an animal then “Seadevil”?
4. That looks like something from the movie Alien.
5. Even with those big floppy ears, the dumbo octopus is still terrifying.
6. That looks like a mythical creature for some ancient Greek hero to slay.
7. Look at those cold, dead eyes. Clearly the Fangtooth is a vampire fish.
8. Would it kill these guys to smile a little?
9. This Barreleye looks a bit sad. I would be too if I looked like that.
10. This guy looks cute, but I feel like he could still be hiding something dangerous.
11. I don’t know what’s going on here, but it’s not a scene I would want to go anywhere near.
12. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to anger you, Mr. Terrifying Anglerfish!
13. No. Just, no.
14. It almost looks like this species of jellyfish is wearing a hat.
15. What is even happening with the goblin shark’s head?
16. That doesn’t look like a fish. That has to be something created in a lab.
17. If I accidentally brushed up against one of these things, I would shriek.
18. The cute name of “football fish” does not do justice to how frightening this is.
19. This seems to be what happens when aliens remove a pair of human lips and make them sentient.
I’m glad hat all of these animals live so deep below the surface. Imagine seeing these at the beach!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”