Remember flying back in the old days, where you could still meet someone at the gate, in-flight meals were free and sometimes you’d get a little airplane pin at the end? Well, those days are long gone and airport security lines are growing as fast as legroom is shrinking. But there are a few things you can do to keep yourself sane throughout your airport day. Check out these easy travel hacks to get you from here to there with a little less stress.
1. See if you qualify for the TSA Pre program or Global Entry to skip a few steps in security.
2. Red eye flights save time, money and you’re more likely to get a whole row to yourself.
3. Pick the security lane on the left-hand side. It’s almost always shorter.
4. Carry an empty water bottle through security and fill it up at a water fountain to beat the airport markup.
5. Sites like Seat Guru allow you to check ratings for your seat on previous flights.
6. Ask about upgrades. You’ll never know if something has opened up if you never ask.
7. Morning flights tend to be less turbulent, so consider that if you get motion sickness.
8. Discount Park and Ride will show you the earliest airport parking spot available.
9. Some airports have family lounges. They’ve got kid-friendly, safe spaces for the little ones and spots where mom and dad can grab a beverage and relax during a layover.
10. Snap a picture of your parking spot with your phone if you’re prone to forgetting.
11. If your suitcase is over the weight limit, take out any jackets or heavy shoes and just wear them on the plane.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”