We’ve all encountered the “upcycling” trend in some way or another since it has become a phenomenon worldwide. It can be furniture, clothing, ornaments, anything!
This has to be one of the very coolest DIY’s! Just scroll through these pictures and you’ll see what an old, clunky TV cabinet can become with a little love and a lot of creativity!
1. Upon realizing her old TV cabinet was useless, Debbie decided she could turn it into something adorable (this isn’ t a picture of her exact one but almost) and this is where things started.
2. It began with removing the screws, hinges, and doors and then giving it a thorough cleaning.
3. Then she painted it an adorable light blue.
4. Once dry, she traced circles into the cabinet using an upside down bowl.
5. She then cut the holes with a jigsaw and then one smaller one above that.
6. Then she chose a cute fabric for sewing.
7. Next up was vinyl, craft foam, and the cabinet’s old knobs which were all attached to the counter top.
8. By this point, the old, useless cabinet had become an adorable kids’ play kitchen! However, she wasn’t done yet…
9. Next she turned it around and began by drilling pilot holes.
10. She coated one half with chalkboard paint and built out the other with plywood.
11. Then she gave any unfinished, raw edges a trimming.
12. She made this super cute window frame too.
13. Following that she grabbed another piece of lumber, started chiseling it away, and attached it to the front.
14. Once it’s all done, add a sign and you get this!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”