There’s a lot of planning that goes into creating the perfect prom look. Finding “The Dress” can be a challenge on its own, but then you have to find the shoes, hairstyle, makeup, and accessories to match. Your big day shouldn’t be a source of stress! This versatile prom manicure will cross at least one thing off of your to-do list. A floral lace accent nail is the main inspiration for this mani. It’s a timeless and glamorous look that you can easily do yourself and will match any prom dress. You can mix up the colors and decals to suit your unique look. Now that your nails are taken care of, you can focus on the important things (like getting as many prom selfies in the limo as possible).
Here’s what you’ll need to create this perfect prom manicure:
- Clear base coat and top coat
- White nail polish
- Black and nude nail polish (or any two colors that match your prom dress)
- Dotting tool
- Striping tool
- Optional nail decals and nail glue
- Now that you have your tools, follow these steps to create this gorgeous design:
Apply a clear base coat to your nails to protect them.
- For the floral lace design, draw two diagonal lines, creating an “X” on the nail using the striping tool and white polish.
- Add more diagonal lines (about six going in either direction) to create a lattice pattern.
- Outline the nail with white polish.
- Dip the dotting tool in white polish to create the flowers.
- Dip and drag the dotting tool on the nail to create the flower petals. Repeat this process for each flower.
- Add some leaf accents and the lace design is done!
- For the other nails, you can paint them nude and black or any colors that will match your prom dress.
- For an extra bit of glam, you can also add nail decals with nail glue to your manicure. This design uses gold beads and rhinestones for a classic look.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”