When you’re a child, you can’t wait to grow up. You’ll be able to drive, have your own house, a career of your dreams…it seems so far out of reach, but you anticipate it greatly. Once you are actually an adult though, the reality is that paying bills and being a “grown up” really isn’t that wonderful. And we long for the days when life was simple. Many people have the ability to stay a kid at heart, and that is important to do! Are you one of those people? Here are 48 signs that you’re still a kid at heart.
1. You not-so-secretly want a kids menu at restaurants.
2. You never pass up an opportunity to pop bubble wrap.
3. Or hit a piñata.
4. There are days when you still think you might have super powers.
5. You don’t f*ck with dark basements.
6. You love any chance to dance wildly with your friends.
7. You sometimes play “the floor is hot lava” when you’re alone.
8. And some days you just have to skip.
9. Or sing a Disney song.
10. Or fake sword fight someone.
11. You’re jealous of any house with a trampoline.
12. And sometimes throw tantrums when you don’t get what you want.
13. When you go to the beach, you build a sand castle.
14. And a moat.
15. And you’d definitely put on floaties if they’d fit around your arms.
16. It takes a great amount of self-restraint to NOT jump on hotel beds.
17. Which is why you still jump on hotel beds.
18. You know that a backward somersault is a crowning achievement.
19. As is the perfect cartwheel.
20. And you have to do a handstand in every pool.
21. While getting someone to time how long you can hold your breath.
22. Or how long it will take you to go to the other room and come back.
23. You still try to ride dogs like horses.
24. You wish you still had recess every day.
25. And never skip on a chance to fly across the monkey bars like a playground champion.
26. You know the importance of keeping a balloon off the ground.
27. And are always down for a game of tag.
28. You always need someone to see how tall you are on height charts.
29. You would prefer to drink everything out of a crazy straw.
30. And would probably eat more cereal if they came with toys.
31. You love sleeping in.
32. Taking naps.
33. Footie pajamas.
34. And wrapping yourself up in a blanket burrito.
35. When it snows, you have to make a snow angel.
36. Or build the biggest snowman ever!
37. And when it rains, you stick out your tongue.
38. And secretly want to jump in puddles.
39. You like playing dress up.
40. Blowing dandelions.
41. And throwing those helicopter seeds that fall from trees.
42. Building a pillow fort is something you often think about.
43. Same with what clouds look like.
44. You enjoy spotting out-of-state license plates.
45. You make a big deal out of little cuts.
46. When you get sick you just want your mommy.
47. You think about what your life will be like when you get older.
48. And you’re convinced that you are/will be the coolest parent ever because of all of this.
Do you know a “kid at heart?” Be sure to “Share” and tag them now!