So you may have seen lemon or other fruit in a water cooler before. Obviously just to add some flavor right? Perhaps, but it turns out there are some seriously positive health benefits you can get from simply adding some fruit in your water!
You get extra nutrients, as well as antioxidants which help you get rid of toxins. It also has post-workout recuperation benefits. After a workout you can recover quicker, or even just give yourself an energy boost when you are feeling tired.
This just might be a better alternative instead of sugar laced sports drinks or caffeine energy drinks. It’s low in calories and super packed with nutrients and antioxidants, while being all natural with no mystery ingredients!
Here are the benefits of fruit infused water:
– Improves your mood
– Keeps you hydrated
– Boosts metabolism
– Helps you maintain a healthy weight (rather than drinking sugar energy drinks).
– Gives body more energy through the vitamins in the fruit.
– Soothes stomach problems (citrus- and mint-infused water especially).
– Satisfies sweet tooth cravings.
– Flushes toxins from system.
– Fills you up!
– Helps your body release fat cells which is good for water weight loss.
– Keeps other food moving through your system. This is due to fruit’s fiber content.
– Organs are kept healthy while you are sweating.
– Reduces muscle fatigue while you’re working out.
– Helps you recuperate faster after your workout.
– Keeps your energy up during the day.
So what are some examples of fruit infused water drinks? Here are some popular ones:
1. Cucumber citrus water
The benefits of this drink are the following:
Energy, boosting metabolism, settle stomach. You pack this drink with lime, cucumber, grapefruit and fresh mint.
This fresh-fruit-infused drink will energize you, boost your metabolism and even settle your stomach, while keeping you hydrated and refreshed.
2. Apple cinnamon water
The benefits of this are the following:
Boosting metabolism as apples are rich in vitamin C and B, while they have phytonutrients and antioxidants which could actually reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes and heart disease! Cinnamon is known for lowering cholesterol and fighting diabetes. So the combination of these two in water is definitely strong!
3. Strawberry, citrus, cinnamon water
This can actually curb your craving for sweets, while creating a clear complexion. Lemons aid in digestion while cinnamon can manage blood sugar levels well, while satisfying cravings. Strawberries aid in healthy skin as they have biotin and antioxidants.
4. Blueberry orange water
Packed with antioxidants and fiber, blueberries can help reduce urinary tract infection, while oranges have all the excellent vitamin C benefits.
5. Mango ginger water
This is a unique one and probably not as popular as the others. But both mangoes and ginger boost metabolism. Ginger is a pain reliever with the power to reduce morning and motion sickness. It treats heart burn as well!
Mangoes promote healthy digestion and boost memory. They also increase sex drive! Very interesting fruit infused drink to try!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!