The best part about this delicious treat? You don’t need an electric mixer, oven, or cake stand to enjoy this decadent single serving of cake. It’s mixed, cooked, and served in a mug.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (heaping) tablespoons 3-Ingredient Microwave Caramel Sauce or storebought caramel sauce, divided
- Vanilla ice cream (optional; for serving)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- A 12-ounce microwave-safe mug (preferably thin-walled) or deep bowl
Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in mug. Add cream, oil, and 3 Tbsp. water and mix until smooth. Using a spoon, make a well in the center; spoon half of the caramel sauce into well. Microwave on high 60 seconds. Carefully remove from microwave. Top with ice cream (if desired), peanuts, and remaining caramel sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using a 1200-watt microwave. If your microwave wattage is lower, you may have to increase cooking time.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”