While hot wings are one of our favorite things to munch on when we’re watching the game, we wanted to try our hand at making a buffalo chicken dip that had all the things we love about hot wings without (as much of) the mess or the need to wrangle with a huge pile of chicken bones.
Hot and spicy and packed with chicken and cheese, this dip is exactly what you need…just be warned: the people will gather ‘round, so make sure to get your fill early on – this stuff is addictive!
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 1/2 cups assorted cheeses (cheddar and monterey), shredded
1 cup buffalo sauce, divided
2/3 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup sour cream
tortilla chips, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch and sour cream. Mix together until mostly smooth.
3. Combine chicken with 2/3 cup buffalo sauce and mix together.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture out in the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish and cover with buffalo chicken mixture.
5. Top with remaining buffalo sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
6. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
7. Serve immediately with tortilla chips and enjoy!
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”